Job Title: Receptionist
Position Type: Part Time (9:30 am to 2:30 pm Monday through Friday)
Location: Coffee City Hall, Coffee City, TX
This is a part-time position. The hours of need are 9:30 am to 2:30 pm Monday through Friday. You will be responsible for front line service at the City of Coffee City – City Hall, which includes greeting and engaging visitors, public officials, citizens and staff. The receptionist will answer incoming telephone calls and inquiries such as department locations, offices, and employees within the City, and route them to the appropriate individual or department. The receptionist will also take payments and plea paperwork for the municipal court. This position requires regular attendance and will be responsible for arriving to work on time.
• Answering and directing all incoming telephone calls, and inquiries to the appropriate department.
• The receptionist will also take payments and plea paperwork for the municipal court.
• Prompt administration, distribution, and sorting of all city mail.
• Ensuring the front desk area is organized and presentable at all times.
• Maintaining confidentiality of all city business and property.
• Maintaining a list of supplies that are needed for city operation.
• Any additional administrative duties as requested or needed.
• Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Six months of general clerical experience preferred.
• Must have proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must have a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong desire for continued growth and learning.
• Must have verbal fluency and good grammar, a pleasant and distinct telephone voice, as well as a well-groomed professional appearance at all times.
• The ability to comprehend and follow written and oral instructions and to keep sensitive information confidential.
How to Apply:
Please send resumes and cover letters to:
City of Coffee City
c/o Douglas Davis – City Secretary
7019 Pleasant Ridge Road
Coffee City, TX 75763
No telephone calls please.
Last modified: June 12, 2019